Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this page not showing in the tree? Three Card Monte/The Shell Game

DSell December 10, 2021

One of our Confluence users came across pages that they had created that were not showing in the tree. 

They were able to replicate the problem for me.

• Under page 555 create page 001 and before publishing 001 while still in edit mode, hit create new page to create page 002 and publish that page.
  • Neither page 001 or 002 is visible in the tree.
  • 001 does not seem to exist.
  • When you search on 002 it can be found . The bread crumbs show that it is under 555,  but it is not in the tree.
  • While on page 002, by clicking on the 3 meatballs, you can go thru the process of moving page 002 with the parent of 555 and at this point everything is normal except for 001 is not created.

The user now knows not to create a page under a page that has not been published, but my question is; "Where was 002" hanging out?

Thank you,

David

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

If I understand corretly, you are hitting Create 002 before publishing 001. In that case, 001 only exists as a draft (should be in your lists of drafts), and therefore won't appear in the page tree. 

And I think when you hit create while on 001, 002 was created at the root level, and won't appear in the page tree. You would need to go to space tooks, and reorder pages to verify that is where it was.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events