Why is there no multimedia macro?

Apparently I do not have access to the multimedia macro... how can I enable this macro?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

Barnett,

As far as I know, the multimedia macro is a bundled plugin, so it should be 'enabled' by default. To see if the plugin is disable, you can go to Browse > Confluence Admin > Manage Plugins and go to "System" is where all the bundled plugins are stored. You just need to check which plugin is disabled, and then enable. If that doesn't work, we can rebuild our bundled plugins following the steps below:

* Shutdown Confluence
Delete the content from the following folders:
* <confluence-home>/plugin-cache
* <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
* <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
* <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
* <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
* Startup Confluence

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

Thanks William, I'm going to forward this to my admin and see if this works. I have a feeling - and correct me if I'm wrong - that this could be a result of the version of Confluence I am working with?

0 votes

It looks like you're on OnDemand, however - you should be able to go to Insert > Macro and choose Multimedia content from the macro picker in Confluence.

For some reason multimedia is not showing up as an available macro...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,032 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you