Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no multimedia macro?

Barnett May 12, 2013

Apparently I do not have access to the multimedia macro... how can I enable this macro?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Barnett,

As far as I know, the multimedia macro is a bundled plugin, so it should be 'enabled' by default. To see if the plugin is disable, you can go to Browse > Confluence Admin > Manage Plugins and go to "System" is where all the bundled plugins are stored. You just need to check which plugin is disabled, and then enable. If that doesn't work, we can rebuild our bundled plugins following the steps below:

* Shutdown Confluence
Delete the content from the following folders:
* <confluence-home>/plugin-cache
* <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
* <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
* <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
* <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
* Startup Confluence

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

Barnett May 12, 2013

Thanks William, I'm going to forward this to my admin and see if this works. I have a feeling - and correct me if I'm wrong - that this could be a result of the version of Confluence I am working with?

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2013

It looks like you're on OnDemand, however - you should be able to go to Insert > Macro and choose Multimedia content from the macro picker in Confluence.

Barnett May 12, 2013

For some reason multimedia is not showing up as an available macro...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events