Why is the editor's menu button "hide tools" is missing in Internet Explorer 10

We are using CONF release 5.5 since some weeks.

When editing pages there is a button "hide tools" in the editor on the right side (two arrows to top). The function is hiding the page's header to get more space on the screen.
In FireFox 35 we can see use that button. Also Ctrl+Shift+F is doing the job as marked in the tooltip.

In IE10 there is no such button and also the key combination is not working.

Why and how to get the button?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

The confluence-editor-hide-tools plugin is disabled in IE.

From the source:

// IE is a no-go for now.
if (tinymce.isIE) {
    return;
}

Also, this plugin has been removed in Confluence 5.7 with the new lighter editor.

That issue came up again in our user community. I created https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/CSP-167342

Nobody can tell me why this feature has that behaviour and for what reason it will be removed. In our running CONF 5.5.7 it is available in FF and not available in IE. So users are complaining and struggling about. And they are right. Concerning usability this is a no-go

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

595 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you