Why is the Children Display macro showing an error that it's unable to render and "Page not found"?

hali_wong January 6, 2022

I have been using the Children Display macro successfully and it has suddenly stopped working when I select a specific parent page. 

It is currently working if use it "out of the box" and don't reference a different page than I am currently editing.  i.e. it works if I want to list the child pages for the page I am currently working on, but it does not work if I select a different page to be the parent page.  This is the error I am receiving:

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.13.22.pngIt is also working for a different parent page that I had input a few weeks ago.  But anything that I add new results in this error.  

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

@hali_wong I have seen a number of users reporting this issue the past 36 hours. I cannot state with certainty that they are all related issues, but the Statuspage is currently showing degraded performance related to Create and Edit - which can affect some macro usage.

It may also be related the browser you are using - may I ask what browser and version you are on?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

This issue has been reported to Atlassian. You can follow it to see when resolution is posted.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73359

Like # people like this
hali_wong January 7, 2022

Awesome, I'll follow the ticket, thank you @Andy Gladstone !  

In case it's helpful I'm using Google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (x86_64)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hi @hali_wong 

This error usually rings to me like possible permission issue of the page or there is some restriction applied on that page. Please check if you there are necessary page permissions to view that page.

Regards,

Vishwas

hali_wong January 7, 2022

Thank you @Vishwas I checked the permissions and restrictions and there are no restrictions and I have full viewing and editing permissions for the pages I'm attempting to link to.

Like heather.stark likes this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

hey @hali_wong 

didn't know it was bug in the confluence system, please follow the ticket sent by @Andy Gladstone to see the resolution.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events