It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is roadmap planner macro output not showing up in PDF Export? Edited

I am using confluence on the cloud. When I export the page to PDF, the road maps created using Roadmap planner macro is not appearing in the PDF. I even tried using it with a simple page, with just a sample roadmap, the default one created by the planner macro. Still no luck.  

Are there any known issues/limitation with the planner macro and pdf export? It appears it is not working with PDF export.

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica Atlassian Team Feb 01, 2020

Hi @Ganesan_Srinivasan ! I believe there is a bug reported for this at this time. You can see that here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68625

You can watch that issue to be notified of updates and vote on it as well.

There is a workaround that may work for you in the meantime.

Workaround

Export the document to Word and then, convert it/save as a PDF file. 

Hope that helps!

Well the problem is I am getting an error trying to export to word and that is the reason I wanted to print it at least to a pdf. The error I am getting exporting word is 

The webpage at https://OurSiteName.atlassian.net/wiki/exportword?pageId=289243246 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Like Jessica likes this
Jessica Atlassian Team Feb 01, 2020

@Ganesan_Srinivasan , by chance do you have any images on the page? I saw this other thread where someone had a similar issue and removing the images fixed the issue. 

You can see more in the link below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Cannot-export-to-word/qaq-p/1048834

Let me know if that works!

No, I do not have any images but have an embedded JIRA Issue/Filter which is pulling the issues list from our JIRA on premise server. It is working fine within confluence and also while exporting to PDF but am getting the temporarily down message while exporting to word. I deleted the JIRA issue/filter and the export to word seem to be working fine in that instance.

@Jessica , just wanted to make sure you understand that this does not solve my problem because not having JIRA issue/filter on the page is not an option for me.  If there is no other option and I will have to wait for the roadmap macro fix, please let me know so that I do not waste time looking for a workaround.

Like Jessica likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,964 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you