Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is roadmap planner macro output not showing up in PDF Export?

Ganesan Srinivasan February 1, 2020

I am using confluence on the cloud. When I export the page to PDF, the road maps created using Roadmap planner macro is not appearing in the PDF. I even tried using it with a simple page, with just a sample roadmap, the default one created by the planner macro. Still no luck.  

Are there any known issues/limitation with the planner macro and pdf export? It appears it is not working with PDF export.

3 answers

3 votes
Indy Sue October 7, 2020

Very unhappy that this issue has remained for such a long period of time.  My entire Division is effected in that we are not able to export into a PDF the document created in Confluence.  Using an in-between vessel of WORD does not render in the same format as the PDF version does.  PLEASE make the rendering of the ROADMAP PLANNER a top ASAP priority for PDF exporting!!!

1 vote
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2020

Hi @Ganesan Srinivasan ! I believe there is a bug reported for this at this time. You can see that here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68625

You can watch that issue to be notified of updates and vote on it as well.

There is a workaround that may work for you in the meantime.

Workaround

Export the document to Word and then, convert it/save as a PDF file. 

Hope that helps!

Well the problem is I am getting an error trying to export to word and that is the reason I wanted to print it at least to a pdf. The error I am getting exporting word is 

The webpage at https://OurSiteName.atlassian.net/wiki/exportword?pageId=289243246 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Like Jessica likes this
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2020

@Ganesan Srinivasan , by chance do you have any images on the page? I saw this other thread where someone had a similar issue and removing the images fixed the issue. 

You can see more in the link below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Cannot-export-to-word/qaq-p/1048834

Let me know if that works!

No, I do not have any images but have an embedded JIRA Issue/Filter which is pulling the issues list from our JIRA on premise server. It is working fine within confluence and also while exporting to PDF but am getting the temporarily down message while exporting to word. I deleted the JIRA issue/filter and the export to word seem to be working fine in that instance.

@Jessica , just wanted to make sure you understand that this does not solve my problem because not having JIRA issue/filter on the page is not an option for me.  If there is no other option and I will have to wait for the roadmap macro fix, please let me know so that I do not waste time looking for a workaround.

Like Jessica likes this
0 votes
Birin March 19, 2021

My solution was:

Screen capture your roadmap (can use light shot, snipping tool, etc), then paste the roadmap as an image in to the document. then convert to PDF, you can have the roadmap inside :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events