I can export a Confluence page to PDF not problem.
I have a problem when exporting to word, but only for a particular Confluence page.
Chrome gives me this:
The web page at https://esl.atlassian.net/wiki/exportword?pageId=XXXXX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
(yes I changed that to read XXXX)
Firefox gives me this:
File not found
An error occurred during a connection to esl.atlassian.net.
Check the file name for capitalisation or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.
I have no issue exporting other pages, typically it's just a problem with the one I want!
Anybody else have this problem?
Hello there Simon!
The issue you describe seems to be really localized! We can try to copy the page somewhere else, rename it and then try again:
- Go to the affected page
- Click the Three dots menu (...) at the top right corner
- Click Copy
- Change the page name to something simple, like Test
- Try exporting to Word
However, could you clarify a few details for us? Here they are:
- Does this happen with any browser?
- Is this affecting other users as well?
- Do you have any Macro on this page?
- Were you able to export this in the past?
- Are you able to edit the affected page?
Looking forward to your reply!
Thanks for the reply Diego
I started to run through your list of suggestions, but with no luck.
But it got me thinking, especially after making the copy as you suggested and it having the same issue. I wondered if something in the content was a problem...
After a slightly painful process-of-elimination, one, and only one of my multiple images was the issue! Removing this issue solved it.
What's odd though is the image is from the same source and type as the other, nothing remarkably different about it. I've replaced it and it's all good now.
Very strange, thanks for your help as it did in the end lead me to solving the problem.
Hey, great to hear that you got around the issue!
And yes, it is quite strange that an image was causing all this hassle. Was the image showing up as expected when viewing / editing the page?
Nonetheless, glad to hear that you can now export your page.
I too was having this problem, and resolved it exactly the same way. Removed the images. Images were cut and pasted in from other Windows based applications and Confluence pages. Then I used restore version to go back to the one that included the images. I would not say that this is a long term workable solution however.
Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events