Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is mobile functionality so limited?

Tig da Admin March 24, 2018

When will the mobile apps do anything useful? They’re total crap, and have been for a few years now. Seriously, forcing my users to have to use the thick client for basic functions is beyond stupid.

Every time I ask this, support says, “like what?’ Seriously? Have you even tried to use a mobile device to get anything done? I’m going to go out on a limb and say no. 

Designate 50% of your workforce to do all of their work exclusively using mobile devices. You’ll quickly realize that asking “like what” is a lame question. The list of what’s missing is so ridiculously long that you’re basically telling me that you have no idea how hamstringed your own products are. 

Better yet, check out the long list of mobile features your clients have been requesting for years. That’s another great start. And it’s pretty darn long.  

And don’t bother trying to tell me that mobile is a nice to have ... more and more people are using mobile exclusively (or almost so). Get with the 21st century before it’s over, and add basic “get the job done” functionality to the apps. 

I really shouldn’t have to answer, “well then what good is Confluence?’ every week just because someone found yet another feature mobile can’t do, or handles poorly. For example, using it on an iPad Pro is an exercise in futility and makes me want to agree with the haters and kill the team site. Nor have we run into much success using android tablets, so clearly it’s not operating system specific, which means it’s a design failure. 

2 answers

3 votes
DA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. My name is Daniel Ayele and I'm a PM on Confluence mobile. We're actively working to make the Confluence mobile app better on all platforms and will take your feedback into consideration. I hope to have more to share once we are able to improve our customer experience!

Best,

Daniel

Chris March 7, 2019

@DA It’s a year after the original post was made, but it feels like it might as well have been written today. What advancements have been made in Confluence Mobile in that time? Genuinely curious because I’m a new user attempting to use Confluence on an iPad Pro and find myself practically unable to be effective.

0 votes
Bill Keenan November 30, 2018

Or at least let us use the website, without bouncing us to a worse than useless mobile version..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events