Why is everything on my Confluence page showing up in bold text?

Kathryn Jakusik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

I have tried removing the heading row of tables but all of my confluence page content is showing up in bold text. When in Edit mode, it doesn't show in bold, so I can't figure out why it's displaying that way.

2 answers

1 vote
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2024

Hi @Kathryn Jakusik 

That sounds like a scary Server editor stuff :)

If it's not the Browser/OS issue as @Rodrigo suggested, try the following,

1. Go to the Edit mode
  2. select all
  3. go to the styles/formatting option (three dots next to B I (more formatting) 
  4. elect Clear formatting.

You will have to rebuild the page but at least it should remove weird html elements.

1 vote
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2024

Good day Kathryn!

Interesting. In which extend of your Confluence Page? Within a Table? A macro? A paragraph?

Once I observed this happening by giving the Bold condition to a macro, which affected te contents inside, however not sure if this is the case for you.

Other helpful questions: does this happen in other browsers? or in other areas of Confluence? (eg., navigation sidebar or so). It could be a preference int he browser (like custom typefont) and so.

Best regards
Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events