Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is access to documentation of Universal Wiki Converter suddenly restricted?

Marc Frog October 5, 2021

Hello,

I'm in the middle of preparing a migration of an outdated DokuWiki to Confluence 7.4. For this, I'm using the Universal Wiki Converter, which (with some fixes and adjustments) still does the trick, even if it's outdated and hasn't been maintained for almost 8 years. Until recently, the documentation for it was publicly available and could be found here :

https://migrations.atlassian.net/wiki/display/UWC/Universal+Wiki+Converter

However, all of a sudden the access is restricted. Can anyone tell me why?

Even though I'm quite content to be able to finish on my own by now, the information proved to be quite valueable, and I'd still like to recheck some stuff before doing the migration for real. And as this was by far the single most valueable source of information for the UWC, it'd be a shame if noone else will be able to access the information anymore as well...

2 answers

0 votes
Adriaan Renting March 27, 2023

I am encountering the same problem, and have added a comment to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-41187 to that effect.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Hi @Marc Frog welcome to the Atlassian community.

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation and scenario. At the moment, I would redirect you the Atlassian support team and choose the dropdown "migration support" and select an option for "Where are you migrating from"? for guidance.

Marc Frog October 26, 2021

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately all they could tell me is that it's not in their hands, as the assigned space is owned by some other company. They couldn't tell me which one, but my guess would be AppFusions, as they mainteined the UWC for a while back then.

But I think I'll leave it at that, as I don't really need the information myself anymore. If someone else stumbles upon this, that might be the next one to ask though, I guess.

As the question hasn't been properly answered, I don't mark it accordingly, though. Your help was appreciated anyway!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events