Why is 'Space(s) and Page(s)' a required field for task report macro?

Jonathan Trick November 25, 2020

The documentation shows that the Space(s) and Page(s) field for the task macro is NOT required. But when I use the macro (in cloud), it forces me to put in a space or page. This makes it not useful, as I'd like to see all of my tasks from all spaces. Is there an '@all' or something I can put in there?

4 answers

0 votes
Gerhard Lippl May 9, 2023

Hello, 

I issued this missing feature for the Meetical Team in following ticket. 
They added it within a month and now it's avaliable for us cloud users!

https://meetical.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/MSUP-382

Stijn de Geus June 7, 2023

Dear Gerhard, Great that they have found a solution for it, but where can i find the solution?

Gerhard Lippl June 13, 2023

Hey, 

just configure the Confluence Task Report Gadget for your Dashboard and click "All spaces". 

2023-06-13 09_17_32-Bearbeiten – Open Tasks -seg - Jira.png

Nishi Wadhera July 10, 2023

I do not see all spaces option?

johanna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2023

I also do not see this option. Also, this screenshot seems to be from JIRA. I'm trying to view all my tasks from all spaces in Confluence?

But right now, there are still Spaces or Pages required.

Is there a solution for us cloud users in Austria?

0 votes
Jon Sharp January 4, 2021

Jonathan - I had the exact same question/problem and also opened a ticket.  The resolution was that there really isn't an answer right now.  The Cloud Support person who worked on my ticket also opened an enhancement request.  You can go vote for this issue and Atlassian could use the higher # of votes to prioritize a fix.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71390?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=53aa968f-669b-434f-b758-a7082726426b

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2021

If you are reading this, you're almost certainly impacted by this problem.

PLEASE click the above link and vote for this to be fixed. Thank you.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

@Jonathan Trick I will escalate this issue to Atlassian.   For quicker support I would suggest submitting an actual support issue here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Jonathan Trick December 31, 2020

I have created a support ticket for this issue: PCS-25205 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2020

Jonathan,

Unfortunately a space or page is required.  I do not know why the documentation states otherwise.  You will have to add all sites that you would like to pull into the report.

TDuke December 31, 2020

@Brant Schroeder This changed recently. We were able to leave the Spaces and Pages field blank when we first created the macros, now we are not able to. Can this go back to Atlassian for review? It would be impossible for us to add all spaces and pages.

Thanks for your help.

Like # people like this
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2021

Agreed. This used to work, and now does not. There appears to be no workaround for selecting "all spaces". 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events