Why is Page Properties Report macro producing "This content cannot be displayed"

Vikram Dhar July 24, 2020

Hi there

A few months ago, I created a page template in the old editor. That template included a page properties macro which, among other things, included Trello card links. I used this template several times and all those pages rolled up into a summary page that relied on a page properties macro to pull key info from each page (including the Trello link). Everything worked fine until it stopped working.

I recently started updating individual pages containing the page properties macro to the new editor and also updated the summary page to the new editor, as well. Now, the summary with page (with the page properties report) no longer displays the Trello links from the individual pages. Instead, it displays the following for every cell in the Trello column:

This content cannot be displayed as it was created in a legacy version of Confluence and is unsupported.

I have checked every underlying page and the new editor conversion process confirms that each page converted with no issues. I guess I can try reverting all underlying pages back to the old editor but I'm confused b/c the page properties macros display Trello correctly.

Please help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vikram Dhar August 3, 2020

Looks like this issue may have just been a bug. The macros seem to be working as expected. Thanks @repi  for your input.

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2020

@Vikram Dhar 

Your problem is that you have changed the page to the new editor and there are no more macros. You should check whether the macro is still displayed in the macro browser of the new editor.

Vikram Dhar July 24, 2020

thanks for the quick reply! it appears to me that yes the macro is still part of the new editor?Annotation 2020-07-24 143659.png

Vikram Dhar July 27, 2020

@repi 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events