Why is Confluence blocking execution of onclick=javascript... code within an {html} section?

Kevin Kraemer September 15, 2011

I have code like this:

{html}<input type=button value="Open Jira" onclick="javascript:open.window('http://jira.__.com')" /> {html}

Confluence shows the button, but when you click it, nothing happens. View Source in my browser shows the code is there. When I put this code in a plain HTML page it works. Confluence seems to be blocking it. Our administrator confirmed that all options are "enabled" for the HTML pluging. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

3 answers

1 vote
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2011

You need to call the open() method on the window object, not the other way around:

{html}&lt;input type=button value="Open Jira" onclick="javascript:window.open('http://jira.__.com')" /&gt; {html}

Hope this helps

Kevin Kraemer December 11, 2011

Oops, thanks, but in fact, that was a typo in my original post - I was actually trying window.open(), but seeing the "nothing happens" behavior. Something appears to be blocking the execution of JS.

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2011

What version of Confluence are you using? I tested your code in 3.5.13 and 4.0 and it worked like expected. I just had to enable the html macro of the Confluence HTML Macros plugin which should be preinstalled in Confluence. Do you have the setting "JavaScript served in header" in Confluence Admin => General Configuration enabled?

0 votes
Todd Katz December 15, 2011

Thanks for the tips. I'd done a recent installation and, in fact, the html macros were not enabled!

So this code works for me. I'm hoping to do something with images so if I can't figure it out, I'll probably be back begging for more help :)

But in the meantime thanks for the great community support and happy holidays!

0 votes
Todd Katz December 10, 2011

I too would like to know how to use Javascript routines such as mouseover and onclick on Confluence pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events