It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why has the "show as link" option for attachment been removed from Confluence?

The "show as link" option for attachment been removed from Confluence

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Pietro,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

In the new Confluence editor, there's no longer a Show as Link option when adding attachments. We're tracking the missing features that are no longer included in the new editor on the page below:

The feature specifically to link text to attachments is being tracked in the below request:

As a workaround, by using the Attachments macroyou can obtain the URL of an attachment and link text to that by pasting the link into the Link Macro.

Please let me know if you have any trouble with that. I'm happy to give you a hand.

Regards,

Shannon

Thanks, Shannon.

I did actually know about the workaround you are mentioning above. My question was more about why such a useful feature has been removed and express a vote to put it back, but those are just a curiosity and an opinion.

Hi Pietro,

So sorry about that. The goal was to rework and simplify the new editor, but unfortunately a lot of features were removed as a result of this, for multiple reasons.

You can think of the new editor like a new product. Any features that aren't included, we are currently logging as feature requests. Any features that are included in the new editor, but simply aren't working as designed, are raised as a bug.

I've been personally gathering the feedback from customers about the new editor, and I'm providing them internally to the team. I'm going to be including your case in this feedback.

Thank you again for that, and I hope to see some improvements in the future!

In the meantime, just keep an eye on that roadmap and let me know if you have any other concerns or issues regarding the new editor.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,344 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you