Why does this tool ask me if I want to the leave the page when I want to submit?

Mike Maxson August 25, 2014

When a webpage asks if I want to leave a page that almost always means the data entered into the page will be lost if I do. Why are you using that mechanism as Submit functionality? It should not ask me if I want to leave the page when it really is asking me if I want to submit my question.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

It is an IE thing ... I've found. It doesn't do it in Chrome or Firefox. Great news though! Soon this version of answers will disappear and that bug with it. :)

0 votes
Mike Maxson August 26, 2014

Thank you for investigating

0 votes
Mike Maxson August 25, 2014

Possibly. But I would have to login with another browser and submit another question to find out.

Ok then IE11 does this on my PC. I have not seen it happen anywhere else but its possible I just have not encountered.

Thank you for the response.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2014

They don't. This only happens when you try to CANCEL out of submitting a page. If you're getting the box on "submit", then it's likely that there's something odd going on in your browser not Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events