Why does the font size of odd numbers change when i export spaces as pdf

Lebende Legenden August 6, 2018

Whenever i try to export a space as pdf every title with odd font-size gets changed to a relativ slot. for example 11px produces 10.66px while 12 produces 12 and 13 produces 13.33. 

Is that a feature or something i can manipulate in any way as i need a font-size of 11.

Best regards Jakob

1 answer

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

Hi Lebende,

I understand you are getting some inconsistent font sizes when setting the font sizes in the Confluence pdf layout and exporting the pages.

I noticed your size unit is in pixels ("px"). While this should get you a consistent size on most web and other screen-based content, it may give different results when applying it to a print format such as a pdf. Instead, I recommend using the font point unit (e.g. "11pt", "12pt", etc.) to have a more consistent sizing across print mediums.

More info on "px" vs "pt": px – em – % – pt – keyword.

-Zak

Lebende Legenden August 9, 2018

Hi Zak,

thanks in advance for your quick reply but that wont make the trick.

I tried every unit px-em-pt-% and got the same results every single time.
I even tried using different numbers like 11.33px or pt to maybe get another output but the numbers get rounded into "slots" wich i couldnt leave (e.g. 11.33px -> 11px ->10.66;
11.5pt -> 12pt-> 12pt;   13.1pt -> 13pt -> 13.33)

I also thought about the possibility that it has something to do with me choosing Calibri as font or maybe my calibri.ttf was broken but i tried the behavior also with Arial and Helvetica.

Also there are no posts to this topic as far as i can see and it wouldn't worry me either, 
but the exported Pdf will be part of a longer file and it's kinda important for me to have a consistent font-size and styling.

-Jakob 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events