Why does the body of my macro now display as raw html after upgrading to Confluence 6? Edited

I will preface this by saying I am not really a plugin developer (or much of a Java developer anymore). A while ago, I modified/customized a plugin for Confluence 5.5.7 and it displays and works fine.  Now that I upgrade to Confluence 6.2.1, it displays raw html from the body instead of formatted text.  For example, the body is being displayed as the following in the browser

<p>You have agreed to the terms and conditions. Please proceed to<span style="font-size:large;font-face:serif" class="conf-macro output-inline" data-hasbody="true" data-macro-name="span"> <a href="/display/sbirsttrac/SBIR-STTR+Advisory+Committee+Meetings">SBIR-STTR Advisory Committee Meetings</a>, <a href="/display/sbirsttrac/Working+Groups">Working Groups</a> or <a href="/display/sbirsttrac/Travel%2C+Reimbursement%2C+and+Conflict">Travel, Reimbursement, and Conflict</a> </span> </p>

with the source from the browser being

&lt;p&gt;You have agreed to the terms and conditions. Please proceed to&lt;span style=&quot;font-size:large;font-face:serif&quot; class=&quot;conf-macro output-inline&quot; data-hasbody=&quot;true&quot; data-macro-name=&quot;span&quot;&gt; &lt;a href=&quot;/display/sbirsttrac/SBIR-STTR+Advisory+Committee+Meetings&quot;&gt;SBIR-STTR Advisory Committee Meetings&lt;/a&gt;, &lt;a href=&quot;/display/sbirsttrac/Working+Groups&quot;&gt;Working Groups&lt;/a&gt; or &lt;a href=&quot;/display/sbirsttrac/Travel%2C+Reimbursement%2C+and+Conflict&quot;&gt;Travel, Reimbursement, and Conflict&lt;/a&gt; &lt;/span&gt; 

The storage format is 

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="group-signup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="71de1bf0-cd35-405d-a75a-12910b0a8596"><ac:parameter ac:name="button">I Agree</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="key">sbirsttrac</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>
<p>You have agreed to the terms and conditions. Please proceed to</p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="span" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="0adb94ba-0f56-47cf-b65c-88b31f02df9b"><ac:parameter ac:name="style">font-size:large;font-face:serif</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>
<p><ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="SBIR-STTR Advisory Committee Meetings" /></ac:link>, <ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="Working Groups" /></ac:link> or <ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="Travel, Reimbursement, and Conflict" /></ac:link></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>

So basically, I have my plugin/macro and inside it as the body I have "You have agreed to the terms and conditions. Please proceed to". Then while still inside my plugin/macro body I use the span macro and in the body of that I have confluence page links.  

What do I need to do to get my plugin/macro to display as it did previously and interpret the html and not escape it?  Is there something I need to possibly change in my Java class?

1 answer

Does anybody have any thoughts on this or need more details?  It seems like this may be a straight forward answer for those that do Confluence plugin development.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

310 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you