Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Multimedia macro not load videos when I a page has more than a certain number of them?

Graham Campbell August 4, 2017

I have an article in Confluence 6.1 which has 10 mp4 attachments. The largest is 149mb.

If I place all 10 of them in the page, the page will not complete loading.

I get all the text, and other macros load in just fine including the Table of Contents and even some of my own custom macros. I can also see the outline of where each video player is supposed to be including the play button, but the videos themselves are not there and clicking play does nothing.

The page appears to be continuing to load forever. Only manually cancelling the page load by hitting the stop X button in the Chrome tab seems to have an effect, and it is not consistent.

It appears to me that the page is constantly stalling on fetching the videos.

Conversley, if I simply place the videos inline as attachments (no multimedia macro) then the page loads just fine.

What is going on with the Multimedia macro that could cause this?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

Hello Graham,

Can you open up Developer Tools and Network tab on Chrome and then refresh the page? Have a look on that panel in red and see if you can notice any problems with the remaining videos loading. Please feel free to share with us if it doesn't contain any private information.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events