Why does style macro in Confluence not correctly format every section of the page?

Sandeep Dhindsa August 7, 2018

I have created a confluence page with 3 'span' macros. 

Each of these span macros have a class "template".

I have created a style macro for the template reading: 

.template {

font-family: Calibri;

color: black;

font-size: 14.5px;

}

However, only 2 of the 3 spans work for this template. Why is this?

2 answers

0 votes
Sharon Hinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2018

Hi Sandeep,

whenever I'm struggling to override Confluence styling in the editable page area I add .wiki-content to the front of my styles.

Try

.wiki-content .template {
your styles...
}
Shawn February 22, 2019

Sharon, 

can you give a full example on how to do this?

Sharon Hinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2019

Hi Shawn,

can you tell me what you are trying to achieve and then I can give a more accurate example.

Sharon

Shawn Edstrom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2019

Hi Sharon,
I really am trying to figure out how to indent bullets

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2018

I'm quite bad with designing with CSS so I probably should not try to give advice ...

... but whenever I'm puzzled about selector issues, I finally find a selector that is more specific than the class I have defined. Maybe this is the case in your context, too?

Maybe have a look at Specifics on CSS Specificity?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events