Why does not the AUI Button Hyperlink macro work?

I've added several buttons using the AUI Button Hyperlink, but currently, nothing happens when I select the button, so I'm obviously doing something wrong. However, as there are only a limited number of parameters to set, I need some help in investigating this.

I fill in the title, URL and button type=standard and icon=none. I leave ID and class empty.

The button appears nicely when I save, but nothing happens when I select.

Adding a regular hyperlink works fine.

Any hits as to what I'm doing wrong?

John Erik Setsaas

2 answers

I do not think that AUI button has url param. You need to define onclick handler:

AJS.$("#YOUR-BUTTON-ID").click(function() {
  window.location.assign("http://google.com");
});
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 09, 2015

Aha! They must have changed something at some point, because I'd been using that set up as a URL param and then at some point it stopped working. I wasn't sure when.

Not sure what you are talking about, Volodymyr. I get the following dialog when editing the macro, and no place to edit the code of the macro.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lciy1jml4t2w7zq/Screenshot%202015-02-10%2009.08.19.png?dl=0

However, the sysadm found that there was an upgrade available. When this was installed, the buttons worked.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,552 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you