Why does my Jira Gadget in Confluence show during edit, but goes blank after publish?

Brad Lackey February 11, 2021

I'm trying to add a Jira gadget to a Confluence page. The gadget shows up fine when I initially add it when the Confluence page is in edit mode. And usually when I then first publish it it shows up fine. But then if I do a refresh, the frame remains but the gadget content goes away. Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening? Have I maybe missed a specific setting somewhere?

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 3.55.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 3.55.32 PM.png

I don't see anything in the Confluence "General Settings" with regards to allowing gadgets from elsewhere. However, when I am in edit mode and go to Insert/View More/External Content, all of our Jira gadgets show up there and appear to be available for use. 

We're on Jira Cloud. Thanks in advance!

Brad

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

@Brad Lackey 

This sounds to me like a glitch. Let's see if by tomorrow you are still experiencing this issue I will share the link so that you can raise a ticket with Atlassian.

Best,

Fadoua

Brad Lackey February 16, 2021

Hi Fadoua!

I appreciate your response!

So I just opened my Confluence page in a new Chrome tab and it displayed just fine. Then I refreshed it, and all I get back is a blank frame the same as my 2nd attachment above. :( 

Cheers!

Brad

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

@Brad Lackey please click here then submit a support ticket to Atlassian.

Don't forget to share with us please the fix.

Best,

Fadoua

Brad Lackey March 1, 2021

Thanks, @Fadoua !  I was just about to enter this, and I've noticed that my 2-dimensional filter that I added to my Confluence page is now displaying data as expected. Even following multiple refreshes. And I had others on my team try it as well. It appears to be working as expected now.

Appreciate your feedback!

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

Glad it is finally working for you :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events