Why does editing take me to a different page?

Steven Wong January 10, 2022

I'm trying to edit a specific Confluence page (I've done this many times before with this page), but for some reason when I do this now, it brings me to a different page to edit.  What may have happened and how do I resolve this?  Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

@Steven Wong 

Are you clicking the edit button in Confluence or do you have a bookmark you are clicking?  If you are using a bookmark and it is not referencing the page key then it could be that the page you are expecting to go to had a title change.  Can you share some additional information and some screenshots?

Steven Wong January 10, 2022

I'm just clicking the pencil shaped symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the page to edit.  In the past, it would just allow me to edit that page after I clicked the symbol.  Now, it takes me to a different page to edit.  I suspect it has something to do with me doing a "copy" of the page when I started to set-up a Confluence page for a new, different project.  The new project is the page that it goes to when I click on Edit of the original page.  Not sure how to unlink these two pages.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

@Steven Wong This sounds off.  You created a page, made a copy of the page, and saved it.  Now when you click edit you are taken to the old page and not the new one?  Can you share screenshots of the two different pages?  Is there any difference in the two pages?  Are they in different spaces, etc?  I have only seen this happen in Jira server once where the page got the same name but you could edit it by accessing it with the page ID.  Once we got to the page and changed the title it resolved the issue.  Are the titles the same?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events