Why does a page with a viddler link open slowly?

I am using the widget connector macro in Confluence to link to a video on Viddler. It works, but it takes nearly a minute for the page to load. Has anyone seen this issue before? Do you know how to resolve it?

2 answers

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

Cheryl, do you happen to have a link to the video you are trying to embbed? I just realized Viddler needs an account. You can send it to my email address, gnedel at atlassian dot com.

Hi, the video is quite large. I can't send it through e-mail. Is there another way that I can get it to you. I've continued to test, and I still have the same problem. Viddler said that it would work better if i could embed the code instead of using the widget connector, but with an On-Demand solution, I can't do that.

Hi Guilherme, do you have any feedback for me? I just renewed my demo version of Viddler and added another video to our On-Demand site. The same issue occurs...it takes over a minute to load the page.

Hello Cheryl, apologies as this fell under my radar. I did not take into consideration that you were using an OnDemand version for Confluence.

In that scenario, I believe that the present workaround would be to cut the video in smaller pieces, to improve performance.

Hello Cheryl,

The widget connector used to have issues when working with Viddler, as reported here maybe there are still some difficulties with the integration. I am going to test on a local instance and get back to you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

927 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you