Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Confluence display the parent page incorrectly when creating a new nested page?

Ben Forbes October 17, 2017

If I create a new Confluence page nested under another page, the page location (shown just above the page title) always shows the grandparent, rather than the parent, of the new page being created.

If I click the Location button just to the right of the location string, it does show the "Current location" correctly, and if I click Move without changing anything (which doesn't actually move the page), it changes the location string to be correct. 

Note that the page is always created at the correct location, it just doesn't display the location correctly on the new page drafting screen.

Why is this the case?

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

Hi, I tested this in confluence server 6.2.3 and was not able to reproduce.

What version are you on?

breadcrumb.png

Ben Forbes October 19, 2017

Hi Greg,

I'm using Confluence Cloud. Here's a few screengrabs that demonstrate what happens. In the first image, I've created a page "Test Parent" and I'm creating a new page below that:

1.png

In the second image, we can see that the location is listed as the root of my personal space:

2.png

In the third image, we can see that the current location is indeed correctly set to be "Test Parent":

3.png

Cheers

Ben

Ben Forbes November 1, 2017
Ben Forbes November 9, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events