Why do my h2 and h3 look alike on PDF?

When I export my space to PDF, both the h2 and h3 titles look exactly the same. On the source they look different, and if I export it to HTML they look different. 

I've tried everything to customize them but it just doesn't work. It seems as if the PDF builder is completely ignoring those parts of my export stylesheet. I do know about header demotion, but even if I change the format two layers deeper than this I see no difference.

Here's an example from a recent build. Electrical Considerations is tagged as h2 in the source and Electrical Code Compliance and Earth Grounding are h3s. 

h2_equals_h3.png

(Note also the random insertion of space between headers and tables.)

I have another problem with random h3s turning gray instead of being black, but I have developed a brute force workaround for that.... 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I don't know much about the cloud version but isn't the PDF outcome simply the result of the wiki page code plus the export stylesheet? 

That is what the documentation says, but that is not my experience.

If you explained what your experience is others could try to help you wink.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

Try Content Exporter addon, and you can have different headlines in the export as you can see in my test below.

image2016-1-15 13:46:20.png

It seems to require a paid OnDemand account to even download a trial, and since we are likely abandoning this platform after this project this is not a good investment for us. Wish the advertised Confluence functionality had worked better. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

566 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you