Why do my h2 and h3 look alike on PDF?

Erin Kelly January 13, 2016

When I export my space to PDF, both the h2 and h3 titles look exactly the same. On the source they look different, and if I export it to HTML they look different. 

I've tried everything to customize them but it just doesn't work. It seems as if the PDF builder is completely ignoring those parts of my export stylesheet. I do know about header demotion, but even if I change the format two layers deeper than this I see no difference.

Here's an example from a recent build. Electrical Considerations is tagged as h2 in the source and Electrical Code Compliance and Earth Grounding are h3s. 

h2_equals_h3.png

(Note also the random insertion of space between headers and tables.)

I have another problem with random h3s turning gray instead of being black, but I have developed a brute force workaround for that.... 

2 answers

0 votes
Attila Gaspar [META-INF] January 15, 2016

Hi,

Try Content Exporter addon, and you can have different headlines in the export as you can see in my test below.

image2016-1-15 13:46:20.png

Erin Kelly January 18, 2016

It seems to require a paid OnDemand account to even download a trial, and since we are likely abandoning this platform after this project this is not a good investment for us. Wish the advertised Confluence functionality had worked better. Thanks!

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

I don't know much about the cloud version but isn't the PDF outcome simply the result of the wiki page code plus the export stylesheet? 

Erin Kelly January 18, 2016

That is what the documentation says, but that is not my experience.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

If you explained what your experience is others could try to help you wink.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events