Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do images constantly re-size themselves in Confluence Cloud?

Adam Bies September 5, 2019

I expect in advance there's no solution for this and it's due to modern, nonsensical, sloppy "MVP" (Minimum Viable Product) software development culture.

When I create a new page in confluence and add a set of images, I have seen that in the cloud version the only option to resize images are by dragging the side-handles and "snapping" them to a column grid.

The issue I am having is that I will snap a set of images to a certain width, publish the page, and then re-edit the page — all of the images are "magically" re-sized and saving the page results in all of the images having been resized even though I didn't touch any of them.

For example, if I had a page with 2 images that were re-sized to 5 columns wide, publish the page, and then hit the "edit" button — none of the images will still be “5 columns” wide anymore, and if I want to add a 3rd image which should be the same width I have to re-drag EVERY image's side handles to make them all 5 columns wide again.

How am I supposed to create a space with any kind of consistency if I am not allowed to size images as I see fit, or at least have the size that i chose STAY IN PLACE after going back to edit the page later?

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Hello Admin and welcome to the Community!

From what you’re explaining it sounds like you’re using the new Confluence editor and your experiencing a bug with resizing images within Confluence. With this said, it sounds like you’re impacted by the following bug: CONFCLOUD-66401. We this feature request, we would suggest you vote and watch it so you may receive future updates to its status. 

If this is not the case and you’re experiencing something different then the above request please include a screenshot of what you’re seeing so we may investigate further.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Tom Clarke February 28, 2020

I have the exact same problem. Editing an older page, it switches automatically to the new editor which then messes with all the images without even a notification. I have had to replace all the images in every page I'm editing (quite a lot of them) to get rid of all the pointless white space that has been added to them. This has made a time-consuming task take 3 times longer than it should have.

It's very frustrating. The worst thing is that we all know you won't fix it. As I'm involved in decision making when we review the tools we use, I will be recommending that we move away from Confluence: I can't trust it not to monkey with our content and generate costly new work requirements. 

Like Rebecca Sposato likes this
Scott Wilson August 6, 2021

I'm having this problem too. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events