Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why do image filenames no longer appear when you hover over them?

I copy a lot of info out of Confluence for use in other platforms, and there are a lot of screenshots in the info. I used to be able to hover over the screenshot to see the filename, so I could pick it out of the attachments easily. This functions seems to have disappeared a couple days ago when the Caption feature was added. Is there any way to view the actual image filename? 

1 answer

0 votes
Owen Wallis Atlassian Team Jun 10, 2021

Hi Jeff, there are a few ways you can get to the filename:

- Click on the file in the 'view' mode - the name is at the top left of the media viewer

- In either edit or view mode via the attachments macro

- Via the attachments page

Hope this helps?

My problem stems from the fact that I typically download all the attachments (30-50), which are often named Screenshot <date> <time>. It used to be that in Edit mode, I could hover over the image, and a pop-up would appear with the filename, so I could select the right image much easier and quicker. That feature seems to have disappeared, so now I have to either download the images from the page and rename them myself, or I have to follow the order (without messing it up) from the View page.

Owen Wallis Atlassian Team Jun 14, 2021

Ok understood, does using the attachments macro or link to the attachments page help?

I can get to the attachment page without an issue. But that doesn't show me the filename in the Edit content. 

As for the macro, I don't have that so I don't know what if it would help.

As I said originally, this was a function that Confluence did on its own without me needing to install anything. I'm curious if the functionality was deprecated and replaced with something else, or if there is a setting I need to turn on in order to get that back?

I appreciate the help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

201 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you