Why do I get "Invalid anti-XSRF token provided" when trying to install a Confluence plug-in?

James Hurne August 9, 2011

We have developed a small, simple plugin for Confluence. However, when we try to install the plugin on Confluence 3.4.9, we are receiving the following error:

Invalid anti-XSRF token provided. The valid token should be retrieved transparently, but you may want to perform a hard refresh in your browser and try again before creating a support issue.

Why are we getting this error? Is there something wrong in the plugin itself which could cause this error?

6 answers

0 votes
Trupti Kanase October 6, 2015

@James Hurne : Did you solve this issue? I am having the same problem.

0 votes
Nimesh Biyagamage October 16, 2014

Okay I think I found the solution to the problem, but this will only work if you have a local installation on your network.(considering the fact you have firewalls and proxy configured).

Instead of using the url starting from https:// you can use the local host and re-try, it works for me.

Let me know if this helps please.

0 votes
Nimesh Biyagamage October 16, 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to install a free plugin available for JIRA and unfortunately this is giving me an erroe which is as below and we are in need of a quick resolution please. This has been happening many times the hard refresh does not have any impact. Error is as below:

Invalid anti-XSRF token provided. The valid token should be retrieved transparently, but you may want to perform a hard refresh in your browser and try again before creating a support issue.

Please help as this is an urgent request.

0 votes
F K March 3, 2014

got this error also today, disabling mod_pagespeed in apache helped to solve the problem when using mod_proxy also...

0 votes
Savo Balac February 12, 2014

I also get that error. Why is it so hard to install a plugin?

0 votes
Gajan UMAPATHY June 12, 2012

I'm having the same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events