Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I do not get an Email when I am tagged ?

Christina Schöne July 9, 2017

Hello,

I do not get an email notification when I am tagged in a page or the page was edited. Even if I follow and watch the page.

Can I get some help?

Cheer Christina

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Dear Christina,

In order to understand the cause of this problem;

Does this only effect you, or also your colleagues?

And what you could do is send a test email from within Confluence to your user E-mail account to see if E-mail is functioning.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

Christina Schöne July 10, 2017

Hi Jeremy,

this case only effects me. My colleagues get a notification for the certain page.

Thank, the test email did arrived as normal.

Cheers , Christina

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

Dear Christina,

Alright, we can rule out that Confluence does not send mail correctly.

Have you checked your Confluence profile settings? You can also configure alot of E-mail related settings there.

Should your profile settings also be alright;

Then the only option I can think of without having any inside information is debugging the mail:

Enable mail debug logging by including -Dmail.debug=true parameter to JAVA_OPTS. See Configuring System Properties. This parameter will print out logging email protocol details in catalina.log. Check if there is any email triggered when making changes to the affected page. If no email is triggered, run these queries against the database:

Good links to view:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/watchers-do-not-receive-mail-notification-of-a-specific-page-changes-333809644.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events