Why cant I use create jira issue in confluence? My admin says it's because we have customised the issue template in jira

joe mellor February 3, 2017

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2017

Probably.  You have not really described why you "can't create" - no error message or description

But I think I can guess.  The Confluence create routine relies on sending basic details to a JIRA system.  It has to assume a standard set up.  But, I suspect you have made the project in JIRA require more than the standard fields.  Confluence cannot handle that, because it does not know what may be mandatory.

You'll need to remove the mandatory flags from the fields in the JIRA project to enable Confluence to create them.

joe mellor February 4, 2017

Hi sorry nic

message is; the required field linked issues is not available in this dialog

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2017

Ok, yes, that confirms my assumption.  You'll need to make linked issues optional.

joe mellor February 4, 2017

Thanks nic 

does that aldo ho for any other fields made mandatory? I.e If an issue template has custom fields, ALL fields will need to be set to optional for create JIRA issues in confluence to work

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2017

There are some fields that can be mandatory as Confluence is going to pass them in anyway.  Summary is the obvious one. 

You should be able to read the error messages to see what the call is failing on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events