Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I view pages in my space when I have all promissions in my space?

Katherine Pagni March 27, 2023

I was granted all permissions to my space but am unable to view certain pages in my space.  They don't even pop-up when I search them in the search box.  Why is that?  On my space home page, I only see two administrators listed including myself.  Should I be able to see the names of all the administrators that have permissions to the space?  Does this mean I don't have viewing rights to all the other pages owned by the admins that I don't see on the list but have permissions to the space? How to I correct this problem and get viewing rights to all pages in the space?  What does it mean by published and unpublished?  How does someone check is a page is unpublished?  I appreciate all the help in advance.  Thank you.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Katherine Pagni and welcome,

in addition to @Mikael Sandberg answer, please take a look to the following article https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/permissions-and-restrictions-139557.html

Fabio

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Katherine Pagni,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Confluence has three different permissions; global, space and page restrictions. So if you have the right permissions in the space then it is the page restrictions that is doing this. View page restrictions are inherited down from the parent page to children, so if you are not added to the view permission then you will not be able to see those pages. As a space admin you can go to Space Settings and see which pages are restricted under Manage pages. 

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 2.11.29 PM.png

0 votes
Katherine Pagni March 28, 2023

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg and @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ for your help.  I have fixed the problem and have access in my pages now.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2023

great to hear that @Katherine Pagni . Please mark as accepted both answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events