Why can't I see the Blog sidebar icon in my Confluence space?

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

This is Confluence cloud.  I have a space that doesn't show the Blog (quotes) sidebar icon and I can't figure out why.  I have space admin rights and have been through the tools but don't see an option for turning it back on, and the Jira Server docs don't seem applicable.  

My guess is it's due to the template used when creating the space, but I also don't seem to be able to change this after the fact.  

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

Hi John,

You can change which links appear in your sidebar if you arrow-over the bottom right-hand corner of your space sidebar. You will find a pencil icon here.

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 4.47.27 PM.png

Once you click it you can add or remove menu items:

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 4.46.58 PM.png

Can you give that a try and let us know if you have any issues? 

Regards,
Shannon

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

And ... that was it.  Embarrassingly, I was viewing the collapsed sidebar and thus didn't see the icon.  Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

No worries, John! Glad you were able to find it. :) 

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events