It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can I not indent Bullet/Numbered lists

I am unable to indent a bulleted/numbered list. Here is my screen shot below, I want my numbers to be under the Report Manager section, but they are always pushed to the far left. 

bullets.png

1 answer

Hi @John Fiorello

I'm not a designer by any means, but wouldn't it look better if you moved the "report manager" heading over to the left instead?  Then all three sections would be in line.

If you want to edit the bullet settings you'll need to use the content formatting for confluence add-on from adaptavist.  They have a "fancy bullets" macro that will let you do this.  Unfortunately it's only available for server.  Not sure if you're using cloud or server though.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is part of a larger test plan where indenting different sections makes it easier to read. Not too long ago I was able to do what I'm trying to. I have old pages that are how I want it, but if I copy/paste them, they no longer look like that

Where are you copying and pasting from?  Old Confluence pages?  Is this part of a bigger migration?  Are they in your current confluence instance?  Can you just move them instead of copying and pasting?

To clarify, I was copy pasting old pages in an attempt to keep the formatting, and then update the text afterwards. But when I paste the old page on a new one, I lost all my formatting, everything is forced to the left.

Like Jim_Witherow likes this

Can you move the page instead of copy pasting it?  Then add whatever other content you need.

I do have the same problem - no copy / past  (I think it worked in the version we had before) 

Like Debra_Graham likes this

I am trying to do the same thing.  What I came up with to do the same thing is where I want the indented bullets is to use a Section macro.  Then in the Section macro put a blank Column macro of the desired width.  I added one more Column macros of default width and added my bulletized list.

This would also work well to add a multiple column bullet list of however many columns you desire.

I started with a two column (wide narrow) default section then embedded the Section and Column macros.

Like Eric_Kampf likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you