Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why can I not create a Jira Task from Confluence?

I'm trying to create a Jira task from a Confluence page using the Jira plug-in and I'm getting an error that says "Field 'description' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."

I definitely have description as an option for my scheme screens but does not recognize it for some reason - perhaps I missed a step for linking the two apps together or something. Can't seem to find any information this specific issue online.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 vote

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is what it says it is - if you were to go to Jira, hit "create" and try to create a new task in project 254 fire detection, you will find that either

1) You don't have permission to do it

2) IT does not ask for a description field

Hi Nic - Thanks for your answer it was helpful. Turns out the Field listed in the Screen was "Definition of Done" rather than description, so that works now.

Follow up question - is there a way to customize the Screen seen within Confluence (from my screenshot)? It would be nice to be bale to Assign the task to someone from Confluence rather than going over to Jira for that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

392 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you