Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not create a Jira Task from Confluence?

Marko Mikic June 6, 2022

I'm trying to create a Jira task from a Confluence page using the Jira plug-in and I'm getting an error that says "Field 'description' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."

I definitely have description as an option for my scheme screens but does not recognize it for some reason - perhaps I missed a step for linking the two apps together or something. Can't seem to find any information this specific issue online.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is what it says it is - if you were to go to Jira, hit "create" and try to create a new task in project 254 fire detection, you will find that either

1) You don't have permission to do it

2) IT does not ask for a description field

Marko Mikic June 7, 2022

Hi Nic - Thanks for your answer it was helpful. Turns out the Field listed in the Screen was "Definition of Done" rather than description, so that works now.

Follow up question - is there a way to customize the Screen seen within Confluence (from my screenshot)? It would be nice to be bale to Assign the task to someone from Confluence rather than going over to Jira for that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events