Why can I no longer drag/drop comments onto files in the legacy editor?

Mackenzie Albitz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

I have continued to use the legacy editor to have the ability to drag and drop comments onto files (for some reason, this functionality was removed from the newer editor; I'm not sure why). 

I noticed over the past week or two there was a forced change to the legacy editors file macro, and I no longer have the toolbar that would allow me to add the comments. 

This resource page is still live and showcases exactly the functionality that was lost: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-and-comment-on-files/

Why was this removed? Are there plans to add this collaboration feature back? Are there any workarounds that can be shared?

I know many teams that relied on this functionality in their review process, so I am quite upset to see it go with little to no explanation (that I can find). 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Mackenzie Albitz 

I'd contact Atlassian Support for help with this one - https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

This is because the legacy editor is likely used by quite a small number of users these days.

---

I did try this on a legacy page though, and it still works for me. I can still drag/drop the icon onto the image, and it still let me comment.

Is this happening with all attachments? Or just certain ones?

Ste

Mackenzie Albitz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

Thank you for your response! I am using the legacy editor. I found that this occurs when using PDF files. I just tried an image file and I am seeing the drag/drop comment capabilities like you mentioned. 

I have since reached out to my admin to report this to Atlassian Support, thank you! 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

Let us know what they say :)

Ste

Like Mackenzie Albitz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events