Why can I create a Jira issue by highlighting text on a Confluence page?

Richard Petley May 1, 2018

Hi,

We are using Confluence cloud, and have recently started a trial of Jira Software (cloud version), and my users want to be able to create a jira issue by highlighting text in Confluence and creating an issue.

This is something that should be available according to this page (Create issue by highlighting text on a Confluence page and automatically link issues to an epic):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-724765436.html

This seems to be the same problem as previously reported here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Create-JIRA-issue-from-confluence-disappeared/qaq-p/671210

I have checked everything I can find on the help pages, and we can't adjust the application links as they are set and can't be edited.

Can anyone advise whether we have got a setting incorrect or what needs to be done to allow this feature.  From what i read it should be allowed by default.

Thanks

Richard

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

Hi Richard,

My comment on that thread mentioned it could have been resolved with Support flushing the cache.

Have you been in touch with Support so they can try that on your instance? If not, I would recommend doing so.

If that doesn't resolve then they can look at your logs directly and help fix the issue.

Shannon

Richard Petley May 2, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I have logged a support ticket, and will let you know whether they flush the cache and if it works.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Regards

Richard

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

No problem, Richard! Looking forward to hear how it's resolved for you.

Regards,

Shannon

thais
Atlassian Team
May 3, 2018

Hi, Richard, 

Let me step in: we cleared the cache of your instance and everything sounded fine on our tests. Can you please verify and let us know? 

Thanks!

Richard Petley May 3, 2018

Thais,

I can confirm that the issue has now been resolved, and we are able to creat jira issues again from confluence.

Thanks for getting that fixed.

Regards

Richard

thais
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2018

Richard, 

Thanks for letting us know! :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events