Why are templates requesting permission when the person has been granted full page permissions?

Heidi Adams February 28, 2018

I have a properties report page with a button to create a document from a template which will then appear on the properties report. I gave full permissions to people for the space where these pages live.  However, when these other people try to click the button to create a page from the template, they are given a "You need permission" popup.  If they click "request permission" I do not receive a request.

How do I find what is blocking the permission for using this template?

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakál _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2018

Hi there,

I think you lack of create page permission for some users.

If you use Server, you can try the Ultimate Permission Manager add-on, which can help you to discover that who can view/edit which spaces/pages, and why :) There is no permission like "able user to create content from template", only Create Page. You can set up filters in the addon, like "show me what permissions have A user on B space", and it will show you what is misconfigured.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events