Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my pages on the Confluence sidebar not in alphabetical order

colleen_ird May 28, 2018

I have noticed that since the "new" Confluence page layout was launched, when I add new pages to a Confluence space, the side bar with the page listing no longer shows them alphabetically.  Instead, the new pages are appended to the bottom of the list.

Is there a setting to get the new pages to show up in alphabetical order and not reverse creation order?

Note that only my new pages or modified pages seem to be affected.  Previously created or unmodified pages are in the expected/desired order.

It makes it tough to navigate spaces with large number of pages.

Is there a user setting I can adjust to fix this or do I need to talk to my JIRA admin?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2018

@colleen_irdIf you  are space admin, you  can reorder pages in alphabetical  order, by going to space tool and the click  the A-Z icon pages will  be order, also  you can  drag pages  to  new position.  If you  don't have space admin right   contact  you  confluence administrator/space admin to  do  it  for you.

Best!

colleen_ird May 28, 2018

Thanks @Moses Thomas, that did the trick.

Not sure when the setting changed, but know it is back to sorting pages by alphabetical order.

Colleen

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2018

@colleen_irdOnce you just click the icon A-Z it changes :) please accept  solution so that  other can  benefits, there are lots of questions to answer.

Mickey Platko June 2, 2018

@Moses Thomas What is the space tool and how can I find it? I thought I was a space admin for the spaces I work in however, I see nothing labeled space tool. I have a huge menu of pages and searching for the page I need and scrolling up and down the list takes a lot of time. If I could alphabetize it, I would be so happy!

ADDENDUM: I found the space tools - navigate to the bottom of your list of pages on the left navigation bar, and see the Space Tools icon.

However, I have no A-Z icon that I can see.

Thank you in advance.

Mickey

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2018
Mickey Platko June 4, 2018

Oh, you must have read the question before the addendum. I found it, but I didn't want to delete my question entirely in case someone else had that issue. Thanks for the reply.

Alicia Newell August 28, 2018

Hmmm.. It's fine to manually reorganize the pages, but Colleen is right. It used to do this by default. Is there a way to get it back to doing it by default so that I don't have to do this in all my spaces? 

Dan Hamlin January 2, 2019

I'm having this exact same issue.  Our page has ~400 child pages and it appears that the last 50-75 have not been alphabetized.  When I sort it in the space tools, most items sort well (although there is a page that starts with "E" that comes in at the very end of the order).  

That being said, after sorting them in the space tools, the side-bar never gets updated and doesn't sort at all (again the last 50-75 and everything new are at the bottom in a timed order). 

0 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2024

Create test Parent page . and add another page tree include.

View screen.

0 votes
Ibrahim Farhan February 25, 2019

Hello,

I am a space admin and System Admin, but I can not see the sorting (A-Z)icon.

any Idea?

Confluence 6.14.1

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2019

@Ibrahim Farhan  You will need to  go  to  Space tools > Reorder pages > 

now click on the  >   to expand  pages   the A-Z should appear on the right side.

Ibrahim Farhan February 25, 2019

This is exactly what I do.

But I do not see that Icon.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2019

@Ibrahim Farhan  You need to  have pages... not  in  order  for the A-Z to  appear.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2018

Hi @colleen_ird,

you can reorder your pages at the settings of your space:

https://<your-confluence-url>.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/reorderpages.action?key=<spacekey>

I'm not quite sure, wich list do you mean. Do you mean the pagetree?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events