Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are inline resolved when revising a page?

Jussi Sarén March 16, 2023

As mentioned in the question, why the inline comments are - in some cases - resolved when revising a page? This happens randomly. In every case I have seen, the inline comments was resolved with following message:

Resolved because the text was deleted by XXX YYY yesterday at 7:15 AM 

I found some bug reports from the past but I wasn't able to find any explanation why is this happening? I have a doubt that this might have something to do with inline comments added to a H1 heading but I can't be sure this is the case. 

While this issue keeps existing, we need to enforce the usage of page comments instead of inline comments which is sad because the inline comments would be such a great tool for pointing out "things" from the documents.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2023

Hi @Jussi Sarén 

Perhaps User A adds inline comment 1 while in edit mode (without publishing) and User B also edits and published a new version of the page in the mean time?

Jussi Sarén March 17, 2023

No, this is not the case. I'm 100% sure about this.

What I know is that the pages contain a Table of contents macro. The user is adding a new H1 header to the page and then when publishing the page inline comment added to another H1 header is being resolved. 

Don't ask why, but in this case the H1 headings are within a table cell.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events