Why are all of my page titles suddenly centered?

josh March 20, 2019

When I looked at all of my pages in confluence today, all of the titles are now centered and it looks terrible. How and why did this happen and how to I move it back to left aligned?

5 answers

13 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Initially, the problem reported back in March was reported in the following bug ticket and resolved:

The problem is resurfacing, and is now reported on this bug:

• CONFCLOUD-67110 Titles are center-aligned for pages using the Legacy Editor

Please vote on the latter bug if you are experiencing this issue by clicking on This affects my team. You will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive any updates on this going forward.

As always, if you have any feedback on the new editor, please feel free to send it via the option in your Cloud instance, or join in on our discussion here on Community:

Thank you again for your help and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

2 votes
Mark Stramaglia March 20, 2019

Just happened in my instance as well.  Did Atlassian push an update that is now automatically center-aligning page titles?

I'm trying to find a change log or release notes page that would help me anticipate these kinds of changes...

1 vote
Annika August 6, 2019

I have recently convinced my organisation to take on Confluence and trying to get it embedded. Then this happens. On EVERY PAGE. 

Capture.PNG

This is not ok!

We use full width on most pages and use page sections and columns to decide the layout. We are also heavy users of tables and FYI, while not ideal, large tables render just fine in the mobile app.

The core point though is WE make the decision on how to format our pages. The default being a fixed width column when adding a section only to have to change it EVERY time is frustrating enough. Now if I have to change the default on every page creation too... 

I am glad you have taken steps to 'allow' your users to make a page full screen but it does not make sense to me to make the default fixed width. Sure the reading experience on certain type of content is improved on fixed width but that is only a small percentage of the type content we produce. And should the user not have the choice as to which layout best suits there needs, instead of being forced to change.

Annika August 6, 2019

BTW this was reported and fixed in Mar 2019 and happening again...

Like Siiri Ruuhela likes this
Paul Birnie August 11, 2019

i started getting this yesterday

Annika August 11, 2019

Thank you Atlassian for fixing this :)

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hi Paul,

If you have not already, please make sure to vote on the new bug, which is logged here:

• CONFCLOUD-67110 Titles are center-aligned for pages using the Legacy Editor

We are currently working on a fix and hope to be able to release it soon!

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Mark Stramaglia March 20, 2019

I raised a support ticket with Atlassian, here is the response:

The behavior you reported is the result of the recent change, made in order to have all of the pages content being rendered and loaded directly from the center of the page so it would not impact on different parts of the page. This change helps on aligning the experience with the new editor, but, we can definitely see how impactful such change can be for customers that are used to have the center aligned to the left and due to that the following bug report has been raised:

Titles are center aligned for pages using the Legacy Editor

So, it sounds like there is a new Confluence Editor UI coming soon, and in that new Editor, a centered, fixed-width single-column layout will be the default.  This change was meant to be a move toward that new UI.

To me, it definitely looks out of place to have the title centered in the context of the current version of the Confluence editor, so hopefully they'll provide an option to revert the change.  It sounds like a new Editor UI is around the corner though...

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2019

Do you use Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server/Data Centre?

josh March 20, 2019

Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events