Why anchor link does not work?

Andrey Ponomarenko December 1, 2019

Hello!

I have a page https://aurrency.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/G/pages/655675/GFE

And I have the following anchor link:

https://aurrency.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/G/pages/655675/GFE#%D0%A1%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B5-%D1%81-%D1%83%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%8F%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BC%D1%8B

But when anyone clicks the second link(anchor one), he gets on the top of the page https://aurrency.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/G/pages/655675/GFE
instead of getting right to the place where anchor link set.

1. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

2. When I have titles inside table, they do not work like anchors. Why? Can I put an anchor link to row in the table?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2019

Hi @Andrey Ponomarenko

Have you followed these instructions for creating and inserting anchors?

Not sure what you mean by titles within tables - but you can certainly anchor to a table row (just tested this in our instance to verify). Same instructions above will help with this!

Ste

Andrey Ponomarenko December 1, 2019

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ hi!

Yes, I've tried, but it did not work for me.

They suggest 2 options.

a. "Choose Insert > Other Macros, then find and select the Anchor macro"
I can not find Anchor Macros. How should I spell it, so I can get it via search field?

I attached a screenshot below, where you can see that there s nothing found when I type "Anchor"

Снимок экрана 2019-12-02 в 10.00.53.png

b. Type { and the beginning of the macro name, then select the Anchor macro

I type "{A" but nothing happens.

I attached one another screenshot below, where you can see that after typing "{A" I can not select anything from anywhere.

Снимок экрана 2019-12-02 в 10.06.38.png

So, my questions are:

1. The one from my fist post

2. Why I can not add anchor by none of these 2 suggested options? Is it a bug here, or am I doing something wrong?

PS: about anchoring rows of a table. By titles within tables I meant using heading "H1" inside the table

When I use heading "H1" outside the table - I can see an anchor icon there(however it does not work. look question 1)

When I use heading "H1" inside the table - I can NOT see an anchor icon.

3. Why so?

PPS:

there are 3 question now, I would feel grateful if your answers would stick to my numeration.

Like Eitan Joseph likes this
Andrey Ponomarenko December 3, 2019
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Andrey Ponomarenko

Are you on the new Confluence experience rather than the classic one?

If so, anchors are a limited functionality on there at the moment - the most recent release for this was anchors for just headers - see the improvement notes here.

If you want to use anchors as they were originally designed, you'll need to use the classic experience at this point.

Ste

Andrey Ponomarenko December 8, 2019

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

I am on a Classic one. 

So, my questions are:

1. The one from my first post

2. Why I can not add anchor by none of these 2 suggested options? Is it a bug here, or am I doing something wrong?

When I use heading "H1" outside the table - I can see an anchor icon there(however it does not work. look question 1)

When I use heading "H1" inside the table - I can NOT see an anchor icon.

3. Why so?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2019

Hi @Andrey Ponomarenko

If you're seeing Anchor Links next to titles, you're on the new experience. It would also answer why you can't see macros via the "{" - as they're activated by the "/" in the new version.

So, for your questions:

• On the new experience, you can only use the anchors to titles - click the anchor link to copy it and paste it to use it. If you want to build more customised anchors, you'll need to use a classic page (press to create a new page and just select "Blank Page"
  • Based on comments on the suggestion - see CONFCLOUD-66773 - it would appear it does not work with headers in tables at this stage in the new experience.
  • There appears to be some issues using the header anchor links - see CONFCLOUD-67771

I would advise moving back to the other version if using anchors just for now :)

Ste

Like Andrey Ponomarenko likes this
Andrey Ponomarenko December 13, 2019

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thank you for an answer! Got it!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2019

No worries :) - if this solved your issue, can you let other users on the community know by pressing the "Accept Answer" button at the top of this answer?

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events