Why an uploaded word document in weird format

Anne-Sophie Walker Schaudel October 20, 2021

I have been regularly updating Word documents on Confluence. Today, whenever I try to update the most recent version of any of the documents; the new uploaded document shows in a completely different and unreadable format. It successfully uploads, but then the view is totally wrong. Interestingly, the download of these documents is normal. 

Please assist,

Thank you,

Anne-SoWord doc upload to confluence.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2021

And the problem is? ;-)

Can you look at the storage format and post a snippet here? That will provide more clues as to what is going on.

Anne-Sophie Walker Schaudel October 25, 2021

Doc format Confluence.PNG

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2021

I think Atlassian removed the feature to view the storage view of a page. This will be more complicated.

My suggestion is to take a part of your Word document, clear all the formatting and start with a simple format using the builtin in heading 1, etc. formats. THen try to import this document to see what happens.

Or am I misunderstanding what you are doing. Are you importing the page into Confluence, or just trying to open an attached file?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events