Why I don't see the setting wheel if I am Site Admin?

Andrea Lodi June 7, 2022

Hello all,

I am Site Admin in Confluence but I cannot see the setting wheel on the top right corner. I need to create global templates and this should be the procedure.

Can ou help me? Thank you

Regards
Andrea

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hi Andrea,

I hope you are having a nice day so far! Welcome to the Atlassian Community. :)

I can confirm you are indeed a site-admin, so by default, you should indeed be able to see the wheel/cog icon to access Confluence Settings.

However, there is a scenario that I can think of, where even though you are site-admin, you won't be able to see this option.

In admin.atlassian.com > yoursitename, if you click on the left sidebar for Product Access and in the Administration access tab, does it lists the site-admins group under the Confluence product?

If it is not, we suggest adding the group there, as only groups listed under the Administration access for each product, should be able to see the options for product administration.

In case the group is, do you see it if you reload the page or even when you try on an incognito/private window of your browser?

If none of those works, please feel free to raise a support ticket with us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, or if you are unable to do it, please let us know. 

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events