Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which app works best with Excel & Confluence

Abbie Alcock February 8, 2023

Hi,

I am looking for an app that allows me to import excel spreadsheets & ideally work on them within Confluence....

Can anyone recommend an app they have used / are using.

Many thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Abbie Alcock

I can suggest you Elements Spreadsheet, available both on Confluence Cloud and on-premise. It's very simple to use, you can import Excel spreadsheets and work on them in Confluence. You can do all the basic stuff Excel allows you to do. Another cool thing is the ability to configure custom templates to match your company's look and feel standards. 

If you need assistance or need to discuss your use case in greater details, feel free to book a time slot in my calendar, I'll be happy to help!

PS: I am the Product Manager of the app

3 votes
Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

welcome to the community.
we have been working with the add-on "Table and Filter Charts for confluence" for over a year.
https://docs.stiltsoft.com/tfac/cloud/welcome-to-table-filter-and-charts-for-confluence-42239760.html

In the beginning some functions were missing, which are standard in Excel. In the meantime the German language is available. Here not everything is translated grammatically correct. The export and import from and to Excel works well, also the formatting. The transfer of colors is still missing and is listed as an open point in the development team. The copy function of values from formatted cells/columns/rows to other cells/columns/rows also works. Currently the other Excel standard functions "Copy as ..." are under development.
Functions for pivot tables are available. We can't give any feedback on this at the moment.

The bottom line is that I can recommend the AddOn.

2 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Abbie Alcock,

We can suggest trying our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (it’s free for Cloud 1-10 users).

Seems that the Table Spreadsheet macro will suit your case: it supports import of csv/xlsx files and then you may continue working on your data in Confluence but using all the basic Excel functions (cell formulas, conditional formatting, pivots, etc.).

We’ll be happy to arrange a live demo for you and your team – please book a suitable time slot here.

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

@Abbie Alcock 

Our app, Polaris spreadsheet allows you to embed an existing excel files in a confluence page and directly edit it.
It offers full editing capabilities for excel files and provides an advanced view mode that allows you to use filters, scroll, and find. Please check the details.
A month's free trial is available now! 

Atlassian Marketplace 

0 votes
Shardul Juyal_Addteq_ February 8, 2023

Hi @Abbie Alcock 

You can give our app Excellentable a try. You should be able to import xlsx and csv files and work on them inside confluence.

you would be able to import formatting, formulas, data validations, conditional formatting, pivots, etc and edit collaboratively with your team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events