Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find tutorials

Nicolaj Hvid April 11, 2019
Where can I find updated resources on getting started with confluence?
Lots of documentation but none of it seems to be documenting latest releases

2 answers

0 votes
Saumya Sunder[Appfire] April 12, 2019

Follow the steps mentioned by @Martin Ottesen.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-cloud-version/qaq-p/349901

Once we have the version, the rest is easy. Language translations are done on one source page, so that has no connection with a version.

Nicolaj Hvid April 12, 2019

Confluence 1000.0.0-4fab19063c0

I just read that confluence cloud is always the latest version. You might not be able to delete a space if you are not the space administrator for that space. Can you check that out?

You can get started with confluence here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-confluence-cloud/get-started-with-confluence-cloud-934720141.html

About languages:

Yes its possible to change language in the language configuration page. Unfortunately this seems to affect only some of the text presented in the windows.  Not even on the menu bar there is language consistency. Both the English and the different Nordic word for Space is presented side by side.

I really wonder why this cannot be solved in a more elegant way. Atlassaion seems to be alone in the software market not being able to solve that.

But for now -as said- the language challenge has been put on hold-  lots of other issues to deal with

I am the administrator, by the way

:) ok Try navigating to the Space Tools > Overview > Delete space. Does that work?

0 votes
Thomas _TJ_ Jefferson April 11, 2019

There are some great tutorials on the Atlassian University website, if you want to spend a little money then PluralSight keeps there videos up to date with current release.

Nicolaj Hvid April 11, 2019

Thank you

Tried that as well but the documentation on the Atlassian www seems to be different from my version.

An example.

According to the documentation deleting a space is done by  pressing space tools > overview > delete space in the lower left corner.

No such thing is to be found in my version.

What version are you on @Nicolaj Hvid ?

I dont know - Im using cloud so i expect it to be whatever version is presented, or?

Since my team is using 4 different languages (and i have given up on cracking the confluence language Challenge) the situation is that i need some documentation which mirrors exactly my users version. 

No matter what resource i have looked into yet has been able to deliver that 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events