Where's 'View Source' for Atlassian Documentation?

Hi, I work as a document translator for one of Atlassian Premium Partners. I noticed there was a change in the interface for your documentation pages, and I can't seem to find 'view source' option and copy your pages to our company website to provide translations for our customers. I'm trying to copy Confluence Release Notes for example (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-release-notes-327.html).

Please let me know how I can workaround it. Thank you.

Yuri

4 answers

2 votes
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Sep 04, 2015

You could open up your browser console and copy/paste this line and press enter:

document.location.href="/plugins/viewsource/viewpagesrc.action?pageId="+jQuery('meta[name=ajs-page-id]').attr('content')
1 vote

Hi Yuri,
Indeed the documentation layout have changed. What I could see is that documentation is using a theme by the K15T company.

So you could see the "View Source" option, click on that menu with the three horizontal lines, and then click on View in Confluence. You will be redirected to the Wiki page again smile smile smile

Cheers buddy!

Hi Guiherme, thank you for your reply.

I can't find the three horizontal lines you mentioned. The screen attached below is what I see. Our company engineer told me that it looks like the K15T theme has been customised. 

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Yuri

image2015-9-4 14:55:11.png

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Sep 04, 2015

It's possible that permissions are different for Atlassian employees than for external customers. Going to that link for external users simply links back to the Scroll Viewports page.

Hi Stephen and Guilherme,

That method works. Thank you both!

Best Regards,

Yuri

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

120 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you