Where does Confluence store the Application URL for Application Links?

Christopher Belford January 27, 2015

We have a simple setup with JIRA and Confluence, each linked to the other via Application Links.  We've recently changed the host and port from which JIRA and Confluence are served and I am updating the Application Links in both applications.  I was able to update the link information for Confluence in JIRA thanks to this documentation.  However, I cannot find where Confluence stores the Application URL.  I've gone spelunking through the Confluence database and have not seen anything referencing the URL that is displayed.  Is it stored in the database?  Elsewhere?  Thanks for any assistance!

Untitled.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Branno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2015

Howdy Christopher!

The application link configuration is stored in the database. You should be able to run the following query to find all applications links:

SELECT * FROM bandana WHERE bandanakey LIKE '%rpc.url%'

If you want to look for a specific url, you can use the following query but replace <current-url-here> with the url to JIRA:

select * from bandana where bandanavalue like '%&lt;current-url-here&gt;%'

An easier way to change the URL used for the application link, would be to delete and recreate it with the correct URL. All macros that need JIRA (and any other integrations) should work as expected even after this.

Cheers,
Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

Christopher Belford January 27, 2015

Thanks! I visually scanned through the contents of that table but completely skipped over it. I should have done a query to see if it was actually in there.

0 votes
Esther Lansbergen March 14, 2019

If we delete the application link via the browser, and check the database again, the links are still there. Reason why we check this: we do have a problem with an application link to recreate.  Any idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events