Where do I write information about completed tasks?

realnc February 9, 2016

Hello.

I'm new to Confluence. I have some tasks assigned to me. But the only choice presented to me when completing a task is to just tick the checkbox. There is no way to actually write down the results of completing the task.

Where do I do that? For example, a task might be "investigate the viability of porting the software to platform X". OK, so after I'm finished with that, I can mark this task as completed by ticking the checkbox. But that doesn't say much. I would need to attach the results of the investigation to the completed task.

It's not clear at all what to do with tasks other than just ticking their checkboxes :-/

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2016

You can create a table with two columns, one with the task and another with the investigation done.

realnc February 10, 2016

So people are supposed to edit other people's notes? Seems rather chaotic. Isn't there some better workflow practice when it comes to completing tasks? Like some central page where all tasks are displayed (and it auto updates itself when new tasks are created in any other page), so that everyone can see which tasks exist for the whole project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events