Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the delete button in the Notifications go?

Susanne Ertle June 21, 2021

Up to now, notifications were marked as read and could be deleted.

With the newly released option I can show unread or all notifications, but can't delete any anymore. Is there any other way to delete notifications? If not, please put the Delete button back again!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

Hello Susanne,

The removal of the deletion of notification was introduced in a recent release, more on this within Atlassian Cloud changes Jun 7 to Jun 14, 2021.

All of your notifications in the one place

ROLLING OUT

We’re updating how you view your in-product notifications. Notifications from all of your sites will show up in the menu, and you can sort notifications to show the ones you haven’t read. We’ve also removed the ability to delete notifications, so you don’t have to worry about losing them.

Key changes

• Sort notifications to show only the ones you haven’t read
  • Notifications won’t be deleted, so nothing is ever lost
  • See notifications from all of your Jira and Confluence sites in the one place 
  • Improvements to accessibility and how notifications appear

Edited due to incorrect documentation (23JUN2021)

Source: Improving the way you manage notifications 

Tips to manage your notifications:

• Mark individual notifications as 'read’ or ‘unread’ by clicking the circle next to each notification.

• Hide notifications that you’ve already read by toggling the Only show unread option.

• Mark a notification as Mark as unread to continue seeing it in your list.

• Mark all of your notifications as read by selecting Mark all as read.

• Notifications are automatically removed from the list after 30 days. Older notifications can still be found in your email.

I hope this information proves helpful and clarifies when and why the change was made.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers 

Susanne Ertle June 22, 2021

I understand that it's gone and I am not happy about it. This was very useful, to just keep the important notifications and get rid of all the other ones. Now I have to scroll through pages and pages every time when trying to find one.

When reviewing pages with inline comments this generates enormous amounts of notifications. Some, where the problem has not yet been resolved need keeping, most of them can be deleted after reading and handling the comment. Having this huge list and trying to find the notification really is wasting time that can be used for solving the comment.

Please get the delete button back!

Like # people like this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

Hello Susanne,

I hear your frustration here and do see how it would be very disruptive to your workflow and current usage of Confluence. An easy way to provide product feedback within the product would be to select the ( ? ) next to your avatar in Confluence and select 'Give Feedback' under Help us improve. From there we do encourage you to use this and to help us understand please do explain the impact to the team.

We do also encourage people to sign up for our research team to help provide your use case and needs to help us understand how you use our products. You can sign up for this at https://www.atlassian.com/research-group.

Please do continue to provide feedback and insights into our products, we do value every bit of it and do our best to ensure your voice is heard!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Nic Robson July 20, 2021

Couldn't agree with you more Susanne! The Notifications view has become a lot less flexible with the latest changes. Not sure why Atlassian couldn't just add the ability to filter read/unread without taking away the ability to delete?

As per Stephen's suggestion, I have raised a "Feedback" ticket with Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Danielle Johnson August 2, 2021

Stephen, 

I am not seeing the option to filter notifications as unread. Am I doing something wrong? I agree with the comments above that the ability to delete notifications that you have addressed.

Thank you,

Confluence Notification Screenshot.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events