Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the ability to make single sections go?

Susan Kelley December 3, 2020

I'm trying to use the macro to build single sections in my page, and it looks like I can only make 2 or 3. Help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Susan Kelley,

Interesting question indeed. I have tried it out in a test instance and it seems you always get a single section in between column sections:

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 16.33.34.png 

So you can't add 2 separate single sections below one another anymore from what I can see.

When you add a multi-column lay-out on your page, you'll always and automatically have a single lay-out above and below that inserted section while you don't have to do anything extra for it.

Hmmm...interesting. What I'm looking to build is the one outlined (in editing mode) big section inside which I put columns, etc. 
So when I see it there, I don't seem to have any "outline." 
Screenshot 2020-12-03 104705.png

That's just sort of a tiny snip, because I can't offer the whole thing - sorry. Any thoughts? Each of these stretches across the whole screen.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Isn't that more or less what I shared in my screenshot? The only thing is that in the new Confluence editor you don't see the outline anymore if you have a single column lay-out.

When you want to add columns at a certain point, you just click the layouts button and it throws in a new section with 2 or 3 columns where your cursor is at.

You can start typing inside those columns, but also position your cursor below that 2-column section. Then you're at a single thing again, but without the outline.

Ahhh cool. I didn't realize that you just don't see the outline. Lol - I wanted to be sure I wasn't messing something up. Thanks!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2020

I've taken the freedom to quickly create a sample page with some text on it. It looks like this in edit mode:

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 17.06.29.png

And the published version doesn't have the outlines:

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 17.08.37.png

The text more or less explains what I did.

Like Susan Kelley likes this

Awesome, thanks! 

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

You're welcome @Susan Kelley. May I also kindly ask you to accept this answer? That makes it easier to find for users having similar questions. Thx! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events