Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can one write code to control Application Navigator links? (target=_blank)

JoeI May 27, 2013

Hi folks, does anyone know where to add code (Javascript or otherwise) to control the Application Navigator? We have a few links that we'd like to force to open in a new tab if possible.

It seems that the "Custom HTML" option in the admin console affects pages and blogs, but not the Application Navigator.

Thanks for any advice,

Joe

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Joe,

If you inspect element on any of these links do they have a common css class?

You may be able to use the jQuery in to following KB to filter for those classes instead of ".external-link"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Force+Links+to+Open+in+a+New+Window

JoeI May 31, 2013

Daniel, thanks for the suggested KB article.

Strange that it's not working, right? I deleted my javascript, then copied and pasted from the KB article. After I saved and refreshed the page, the Application Navigator links worked the same as before (not openining in a new tab).

I then inspected the elements and saw that the a href class for all of the Application Navigator links is .aui-dropdown2-radio so I tried this as well, but no luck.

qrqhuang May 22, 2020

app-switcher use ajax to rendering.

So when your custom script running, the app-switcher still not ready yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events